Monday 7 February 2011

Project 1 for my Certificate in Papercraft coursework









This is my first experience of making an exploding box. I was pretty chuffed with my first attempt and already have an order from a lady at work to make one for a girl.  That boosted my confidence somewhat.  Please let me know of any other ideas on how I could improve on my first attempt. 

The cardstock was from create and craft, the ribbon and peel offs were from my own craft box.  The images were printed on decoupage paper from Joanna Sheens Messy Rabbit CD and also a create and craft Occasions CD.  The lettering was stamped using Black Onyx Versamark ink pad and coloured using Promarkers.

Thank you fellow crafters and followers

5 comments:

  1. Hey. This is a great idea that I think I might steal for my unit 3 stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I'm glad I pushed myself to try something new and keep coming up for ideas for more on different themes. Make sure you post yours if you decide to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats lovely well done for your first time...i am going to do that for my unit 3 stuff....not done alot of 3d stuff so fancy a challenge..keep up the good work..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki you're blog and work are wonderful...you must be so very proud....love it, love it..:)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love that exploding box, think putting that baby figure inside is such a lovely touch, well done if that was your first attempt, haven't done any 3d stuff myself yet but you have inspired me to have ago.

    Judith x

    ReplyDelete